Friday, July 04, 2008

Moon mistaken for UFO


Should I dooed it? yeah I dooed it..... I swear I ain't makin this up! Reading in the UK Telegraph I saw that police in Wales were called to investigate a mysterious flying saucer.... only to discover it was the moon. The object was described as "bright and stationary" and had been loitering for at least half an hour. The local that reported it ask 'If you've got a couple of minutes perhaps you could find out what it is?'

A transcript of the report went as follows:

Control: "South Wales Police, what's your emergency?"

Caller: "It's not really. I just need to inform you that across the mountain there's a bright stationary object."

Control: "Right."

Caller: "If you've got a couple of minutes perhaps you could find out what it is? It's been there at least half an hour and it's still there."

Control: "It's been there for half an hour. Right. Is it actually on the mountain or in the sky?"

Caller: "It's in the air."

Control: "I will send someone up there now to check it out."

Caller: "OK."

After the police patrol car arrives, the script reveals the exchange between the control room and the police officer sent to the scene.

Control: "Alpha Zulu 20, this object in the sky, did anyone have a look at it?"

Officer: "Yes, it's the moon. Over."


5 comments:

Dave Tackett said...

LOL! And the true believers wonder why skeptics are so insistent on hard evidence.

Beam Me Up said...

exactly! Though to be true, it made for a good opener for this week's program. but as you say, its no wonder why they people arent taken seriously.

Anonymous said...

I just had a hard time taking it serious! lol I mean, really, it screams prank call! Venus, well I mean if you live in a cave I guess, you could confuse it for one of them fliyen sawsirs but the moon! OMG!

Unknown said...

Oh, I believe it. I've met people who were almost this dumb and they couldn't have been the dumbest people alive...so, yeah.

By the way, I intend to send you a piece of fiction in the next couple months. I'm in a snag at the moment, but once I get out of it, I'll send something to you :).

Beam Me Up said...

LOL then this is indeed a sad sad commentary on the human race.

Great! I am looking forward to reading it!