Thursday, July 10, 2008

Free Eos eBook: City of Pearl by Karen Traviss


I read on the SF Signal blog:

ok that being said, because I love the idea that there is a good novel available for free, I have to say that I went through the whole Harper Collins rigmarole to download the book. And I was more than slightly agrevated by the end of the process. First off, you have to sign up for an account. Yes Tor has the same thing, but Harper takes it to a whole new level. Not just email and password, you want the book be prepaired to do the complete info gathering song and dance. First / last etc etc. Then you get your book? Nope, select type of media Adobe, Microsoft etc Ok, then you get it? Nope, next you have to download more software to view the book, Now I had Adobe pdf but they wanted me to download and install something a bit different live version so after 15 minutes of trying, I still don't have the book , I am begining to think that you read the book online or something....not sure now and I am agrevated enough to chuck the idea. But that aside, if you are a bit patient and don't mind jumping through a few hoops give it a go. Tor was much easier.

No comments: