Thursday, June 13, 2013

Justin Bieber is Going Where? For How Much Money?!!


 My little motorcycle friend delights in dropping bombs on me and this one is no exception.  First off we know what Virgin Galactic is right?   Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo, a six-passenger, two-pilot spaceship.  A ride costs $250,000 and will take you to an altitude of about 68 miles plus at apogee giving you a few minutes to experience zero gravity.

Well that being as it may, if you have a quarter mill not doing anything productive, you can give it to Richard Branson to be dangled from and then dropped of a perfectly fine airplane only to be kicked in the ass by the mother of all Hydrogen peroxide rocket.

So far about 500 have sighed on to do just that!    Some really notable names too.  People like physicist Stephen Hawking as well as  Tom Hanks and Brad Pitt.   Even a bit stranger at an auction some one paid 1.2 million for the right to sit next to  Leonardo DiCaprio.  Plus Ashton Kutcher is number 500.  

But when Justin Bieber signed up....well the life went out of me a little bit.  NO NOT because is was some rich kid who wants to take an A ticket ride it was me mental case of a manager  Scooter Braun, whom Bieber also bought a ticket, said that they were the latest "future astronauts." and Bieber tweeted  "let's shoot a music video in SPACE!!"

Excuse me....I need to go now.... I just threw up in my mouth......

8 comments:

kallamis said...

Yeah, I know. I came across this last week, and didn't have the heart to put it in the rundown. Not sure I'd have been able to even write it up.As much as i would love to go myself, and everyone out here knows how bad I want off this planet, (albeit permanently), I would have to be changing flights if I knew he was on it. It would be easy to list the 5 people I would like to go on the flight with though.

Dave Tackett said...

I understand, but remember he'll always be the second person (second Canadian even) to shoot a music video in space.

kallamis said...

That is so true Dave. Unfortunately, most people would never know that, as they don't pay attention to what is happening to anyone but these ding dong so called stars. I swear most of this country could not tell you what mass times the speed of light squared equals, but they could tell you the color of a stars underwear in nothing flat. And here I go again, off on a tangent. Time to shut up. And still waiting for your critique of that short story, (actually prelude) that I wrote Dave.

Beam Me Up said...

Yeah Dave...but by a REAL astronaut with REAL talent! There is no way that Bowie is ever going to say great job to JB, so at least that section of reality still works!

Dave Tackett said...

I completely agree with you both. We are absurdly celebrity obsessed and I don't care for Bieber's "music." There is a very likely good side to this. If he does make a video "in space," and says it's cool, then think of how many of his little twerp followers will grow up to demand more human space travel.

kallamis: I'm way, way behind on my audio fiction listening (as well as free fiction reading, paid fiction reading, movie watching, computer game playing, conquering the universe, etc.) and as soon as I can (next week), I'll give you some feedback,

kallamis said...

I know what you mean Dave. I'm way behind on everything here as well, including video gaming. I still haven't even got RE6 done, and I've had the bloody thing for almost 7 months now. I won't even discuss how far behind I am on my world domination plans.

Beam Me Up said...

seee ta wis ted

kallamis said...

LOL, yeah, slightly. And rundown is on the way. Just running behind schedule again, as usual this spring. I hate to see what happens when summer gets here if I'm always this far behind during spring.