Friday, January 25, 2013

Guess Who ISN'T In the New Justice League Movie

Latino Review have told IO9 some pretty damning info from insiders over at Warner Bros.
First off here is the roster of super-heroes in the film:
  • Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash.

Quite a line-up huh?  So what is wrong with this picture?  Hint, it is someone that DC comics has pushed hard the past few  years, in fact one has to wonder why Geoff Johns would not be jumping right up and down with this omission, considering that this character has been his pet project for some time now.  

Hell I will be the first to admit that this character was never on of my favs in the comics or in his own tv cartoon series....got it yet?


Read the rest in IO9 Here


6 comments:

kallamis said...

I always kind of liked him. Not my fav either, but I also don't see a few others there either that I did like.
I wonder if they are going to keep the new screwed up supes costume as well. (yeah I'm already in protest mode over the new movie. He doesn't even look like Kal-El).
Sorry, never a DC man myself as much as marvel, but in the world of comics, supes is god. And his uniform is supposed tobe bright for starters. He was the symbol, or beacon of hope for humanity. He isn't a dark nit like that Dark Knight deal. (Which I like the Dark Knight, just not the movies).
You don't be changing the uniform of Superman. It's just down right Un-American.
And yeah, I know. I'll be getting hell on this one.

Beam Me Up said...

as you can see, I pulled the DC cover instead of the movie. DC itself really rebooted their major products and it is pretty dark, I think the movies picked up on it. Like the dark Knight, the comic was WAY ahead of the movies...tail wagging the dog thing.

kallamis said...

Yeah, I'm starting to notice that with a lot of the old lines they redo.
Admittedly, I am so far out of touch with the comic world, I wouldn't know what the heck is going on any more.

Beam Me Up said...

Your out of touch! I read comics in the lat 60s and then never touched them until a few years back.... I have got to get someone on the program that can spend time explaining to the rest of use what the HELL is goin on!

kallamis said...

No kidding. Same here with me as well. I lost track when I joined the service back in 81. Then I lived in Europe after getting out till 86, and then became a drifter.
Yeah, we need a comic expert on here. Well, good luck hunting man. I'll look around, but I don't know anyone anymore.

Beam Me Up said...

Well the guy I have in mind is no brainiac but he REALLY enjoys the venue even if he did come to it late in life. However his enthusiasm has me now renting a lot more dvd offering dealing with many more comix related material...who know!