Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Review: Middle Men


So, how many of you watched the premiere of the ABCfamily channel's Middle Men? Well I passed on the first go round, but did log into ABCfamily to catch the episode online. The title alone gave me a heads up to expect something a bit off beat, and I was not disappointed. No sir, one hour of fast talking- wise cracking - fast come back repartee is what I got, mix in odd aliens, cheesy special effects and campy humor and we have a mix reminiscent of Get Smart, Batman (60s tv series) in some respects the Avengers and a host of other offbeat weird "comedy" series. Matt Keeslar and Natalie Morales seem to work together and for the life of me I can not put my finger on it, but it reminds me of a demented knockoff of the failed Bionic Woman interplay between the two. Its not Max and 99, no no, the humor teeters on mean spirited but all the while your saying....o0000h I got to remember that one..... No, MiddleMen is not great sci-fi, its more of MIB's vacation replacements. But I will bet Will Smith wishes he could have said some of these lines....lol Yeah, give it a go. Here is a link to the season's opener.
<Watch Opener>

No comments: