Monday, July 14, 2014

Flatulence Could Prevent Cancer......

Ok.....I know......Juvenile.  But how many chances in life will I ever get to say, with a straight face, that smelling farts could prevent cancer? Not to many I fear.  

But this in just how The Indychannel.com article started:
  • Scientists at the University of Exeter say that smelling farts could actually prevent cancer, along with other disease.
It's got scientists and other disease right in the opening sentence!  That makes it legit in my book!

Time magazine is even jumping in with this:
  • while the smelly gas can be “noxious in large doses,” the researchers say that an occasional whiff of flatulence could reduce the risks of cancer, stroke, heart attacks, arthritis and dementia by preserving mitochondria.
Stroke, heart attacks, arthritis and dementia is a damn good spread in ANY cure and dosage is lite!

Just think about all the people that owe you a Thanks!

HERE is Theindychannel.com article 

3 comments:

Dave Tackett said...

You're right, it is very legit. I followed Theindychannel's link back to the University of Exiter's summary and from their information found the excitingly titled source abstract "The synthesis and functional evaluation of a mitochondria-targeted hydrogen sulfide donor, (10-oxo-10-(4-(3-thioxo-3H-1,2-dithiol-
-yl)phenoxy)decyl)triphenylphosphonium bromide (AP39)" at MedChemComm, The official journal of the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry. I didn't get the full paper because, like much of academia they are obsecenly greedy, wanting £36 for the article.

So it is definitely very legitimate. Therefore, I must throw out the very generic statement that I question their methodology. Because this just can't be true or the universe is an even bigger joke than that implied by "42" from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

btonyn said...

Who would have thought? I didn't follow the link but I believe Mr. Tackett

I don't Know if I can ever make another fart joke again, although, this discovery does open a whole new frontier in the field of aroma therapy.

To your health.

Beam Me Up said...

and you make two in the same sentence - for shame.... lol