Monday, August 25, 2014

BMU # 420 is Now Online! - Crystalwizard, Hilton, Spiderwoman & Quantum Cats

Welcome to episode 420 of Beam Me Up. Not a bad episode this week. I think the odds are good that you just might enjoy the trip.

I do have opening comments this week of sorts, but find myself reviewing Rio 2. The review is a bit off the cuff, however I think I nail it.

My first offering this afternoon is the first opening theme to the anime series Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple anime series.

From there, before the first story of the afternoon, I found a really good TED science talk concerning quantum entanglement that I put on the blog, but ultimately thought it would make a great
intermediate piece (and that way it gets played even if I go long on the blog)

The first story this week is a tongue in cheek tale "Don't Trust Venusian Mushrooms" by Doug Hilton.

From the Beam Me Up blog (wrfrbeameup.blogspot.com) I just found out that there is to be a new Spiderwoman series, which will be out in November. The alternate cover is however rising a bit of ire for content. I do have a copy of this cover on the blog.

Oh and controversy is not just for Spiderwoman, my comic book guy tells me that weirdness is happening with the Thor series and Captain America....

NASA has been working with a very interesting aircraft that has some very interesting technology.

There are many more articles on the blog, but I really wanted to make sure that I got chapter two part two of Crystalwizard's "Wizard's Bane" on this week.

And that does it for this week and episode 420. Thanks for listening.

Here is the link for this week's podcast   HERE

No comments: