Thursday, November 12, 2015

REVIEW: Terminator - Genisis


Well, I got a chance to watch the newest incarnation (maybe the last?)  of the Terminator series Terminator Genisis.  This film was, I suspect, meant to tie up
loose ends. However according to the Wikipedia, Genisis is the first of three.

I don't want to give too much away as some may not have seen the film. (if you have see the film, check out Genisis on the Wikipedia site for info, you may
have missed.

I really liked the masterful use of Terminator 1 and 2, but you have got to see how they missed the mark on the time line.  If you are going to set the timeline
in 1, continue it in 2 with 3 and 4 playing around the edges of the time-line  (all though 4, took some liberties that left me wanting) only to have Genesis pretty much throw it all out.....and ageing?  really?!

I like the idea of bringing back Arnold, he really owns the Terminator 850.  I
could say more about Sarah, John and Reese but again, I am getting too close to
a spoiler.......

The movie isn't bad but isn't stunningly good either.  I would give it a 7.

No comments: