Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Review: American Ultra


 American Ultra

Budget $28 million  Box Office 14.4 million  So as you can see it was a box office failure.

Run Time
96 minutes

Here is a very short list  of cast members

Jesse Eisenberg as Mike Howell
Kristen Stewart as Phoebe Larson
John Leguizamo as Rose
Bill Pullman as Raymond Krueger



I just got a chance to view the film American Ultra.  I was under the impression that it was some kind of stoner movie and my movie guy Mark thought it was a spy thriller.  While there are these as element in the film, it is instead a Sci-Fi through and through.  That however is far from a saving grace,

Mike and Phoebe are stoners.  Mike works in a convenience store and even though Mike has major phobias, all seems well, until that is a woman shows up at the store and starts spouting gibberish at
Mike.  From there it gets weirder and weirder.  Think of Chuck on acid. 

I would like to call it a  fun romp as Chuck was but it isn't.  American Ultra is at times violent, bloody and a goodly helping of gore.

All play well into the plot but like I said, there are goodly amounts of all mentioned which can be off-putting.   I would rate the film a 7.   You however might rate it higher, but I think 7 is fair. 

For more information go to the  Wikipedia link HERE









No comments: