Monday, November 09, 2009

Guess what's going on here!


So again, I am reading my reader postings from the Make Magazine blog. I come to this cool photo from the Science Photo blog (and I start thinking...ummm why is this on Make...and then I began to suspect that their sensibilities may be similar to my own. )

So I study it...could it be coronal solar activity....sure does look like a flare.... could that be a cell wall? Is that some sort of weird microbial invasion of a living cell?

It seems that this photo is a thermogram. It depicts high temputure gas escaping under pressure.

How hot you ask? I suspect somewhere around a blistering 310 Kelvin I suspect.

Science is fun! If you can not make heads of tails from this photo, check out the article link below oh and please leave your conclusions as to the science in the comments.

Complete article...

6 comments:

Nisse said...

What an amazingly funny photo! I can just imagine how the idea came about! Thanks for the laugh!

Nisse said...

What an amazingly funny photo! I can just imagine how the idea came about! Thanks for the laugh!

Unknown said...

I beleive that this is some one letting out a little gas from their posterior.

Beam Me Up said...

Dead on Kenneth, I just was so into what science it could be that it just floored me when I read what it was!

And Nisse, your ever so welcome. I of course, just don't know any better. lol oh who am I kidding...I thought it was damn funny.

Term papers said...

It’s a great post you really are a good writer.

Beam Me Up said...

Term Paper....hummm well as long as you are entertained...great writing it aint, but if I went a month without out some form of scatological humor, you guys would think there might be something wrong with me!