Sunday, November 25, 2007

On Sequoia Time a though and a review.

On Beam Me Up, we have reached episode 80. In that time we, and I say we because several of us have read some really excellent fiction. I have myself read quite a few of those stories. I think I have chosen well, the others, equally well. If I have chosen not to read a story, it was only because I could not figure out how to do it justice and quite frankly, some of the time I just didn't like the piece. Many of the stories upset me in one fashion or another. But I still read them. Here my friends is a story that I don't think I will read on BMU. The story is On Sequoia Time. The writer is Daniel Keys Moran. When I can find Mr. Moran's email address, I will certainly write him and tell him that I would love to read some of his works, one like "Old Man" But Sequoia Time....no. Maybe Ron will.....But when I read it, I felt like I was being blasted by the very winds the story talks about and grieved at the passing at the end. The work is there for you to read....Please do, it is truly a great piece of fiction. But Mr. Moran will feed you a piece of the blackest fiction you might ever read.



On Sequoia Time

No comments: