Thursday, April 19, 2007

Meet the Robinsons - a review...of sorts...


I don't often run movie review from other blogs. Mostly because movies and reviews are really so subjective. But I got to reading Matthew Pook's (over at RevolutionSF) review of Disney's first all computer generated sf story, and was very entertained. Matt doesn't gut the movie as so many are in the habit of doing these days. He might not have enjoyed himself but he gives a good showing of his opinion. So much so that I am going to suggest that you click on this article's title and zoom over and take a read.

here is a couple of lines from the review, to get you started...

f the first notable thing about a film is the fact that it has seven screenwriters, you know that you are in trouble and are not going to enjoy the next ninety minutes.

If you're going to watch a computer-animated film and it's not made by Pixar, then you know that you are in trouble and are not going to enjoy the next ninety minutes.

If you're going to watch a Disney film and it's not made by Pixar, then you know that you are in trouble and are not going to enjoy the next ninety minutes.


and more like that! lol... yes, very much worth the read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’ve seen previews for Meet the Robinsons, and the animation looks phenomenal. It looks very cool, sort of like a cartoon version of Back to the Future, I also hear you get to wear 3D glasses! Like Matthew Pook’s review, Roeper doesn’t gut the movie either. He and Lemire the guest celebrity gave Meet the Robinsons 2 thumbs way up! Lemire saying, “Technology feels that it’s springing organically from the story,” and Roeper saying it was, “Sweet and very clever ending. Solid voice performance.” You can look up these reviews and many others at http://www.atthemoviestv.com. You can also watch guest celebrities and get everything you need to know about current, past, and future motion pictures. Did I forget to mention this site also has the most extensive review archive than any other! I work with Disney, that’s how I have the inside scoop.

Anonymous said...

That is good to hear...I was really bummin when I read this...because I have always liked Disney animation. I am glad to see a counter point...hell I would go now, just for the cool glasses! lol
thanks.