Friday, August 17, 2007

Painkiller gone, Neon sees some light

According to the SF Signals blog

Painkiller Jane got the ax from the Sci-Fi Channel. No real big surprise there. I could complain and say that they didn't even give a warning on this one but I knew something was up last week when "Flash" ran (I know, not punny....but your giving me way to much credit) in the same slot.
But this is supposed to be the replacement? I fell asleep half way through. The new Flash Gordon is a loser that lives in his mother's basement! The show is a horrible remake of a witless remake or a corny serial that was so badly done it used stock footage of older sf films! Wonder how many hits off the bong it took to make this show seem entertaining?

Still no word about The Dresden Files. I suspect that it has gone down for the third time. No body is talking so I recon the corpse is starting to stink.

Meanwhile....... The anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion is back in the news. For those of you that are not in the know.....NGE is the story of mankind's struggle against invading alien entities called Angels. Well the series ended rather abruptly and I always wondered what had happened. Well SF Signals got word that GAINAX, the studio that produced NGE was announcing its Rebuild of Evangelion. SF Signals didn't have much but the Wikipedia states that "Rebuild of Evangelion" would be released in Japanese theaters September 1, 2007 in Japanese theaters. GAINAX's official website confirmed that "Rebuild of Evangelion" will consist of four movies. The first three movies will be an alternate retelling of the TV series (including many new scenes, settings, backgrounds, characters), and the fourth movie will be a completely new conclusion to the story; the series is intended to be much more understandable and accessible to non-fans than the original TV series and movies. Now that sounds interesting. I remember the series that played on Cartoon Network was entertaining but confusing in places. I haven't seen anything about the CN showing any of these movies...might mean I will have to start haunting the video stores in the near future!

3 comments:

morjana said...

The SciFi Channel announced the cancellatio of The Dresden Files on August 3rd.

And the New Flash Gordon on SciFi Channel is just plain...sad.

Not bad enough to make fun of, and certainly not worth a second look.

I've been more entertained watching mayonniase dry on white bread.

Morjana

Anonymous said...

Oh well said Morjana! I have head of grass growing being more interesting but something so bad that mayo drying on bread! Oh that is harsh! lmfao! Oh did you catch this week's Flash? They went straight for the caveman! I swear! It was horrible! You have to be smashed and trashed to enjoy Flash!

I missed the cancellation of Dresden! Bummer, thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone have news on the next start trek movie and who's starring as Kirk etc?