Monday, February 12, 2007

An Act To Require Alien Big Game Hunters To Be Accompanied by a Guide

Now you know, I just had to put this here, because well, it's so damn funny! Just from the reaction I had first, when Ron Huber sent it to me! Of course I know what they mean but it has always struck me funny that Maine, and possibly many other areas persist in calling non residents "aliens"
So what the story Ron sent me really informs us about is a new piece of legislation that would require any non Maine resident to be accompanied by a licenced Maine Guide.

I don't have an opinion one way or another on the subject, but I just think its wild that there is now a statute on the books now with the words Alien and Big Game Hunter in the title. lol Arnold should hear about this one huh?

Maine Legislature Committee on Inland Fisheries and Wildlife

Tuesday February 13, 2007 1:00 PM Room 206, Cross State Office Building

L.D. 98 An Act To Require Alien Big Game Hunters To Be Accompanied by a Guide (Sponsor: Rep. THERIAULT of Madawaska)
http://janus.state.me.us/legis/LawMakerWeb/summary.asp?ID=280022414

Be it enacted by the People of the State of Maine as follows:

Sec. 1. 12 MRSA §11224 is enacted to read:
An alien is guilty of hunting big game without a guide if that alien hunts big game without being accompanied on the hunt by a person who holds a valid guide license pursuant to chapter 927 authorizing that person to act as a hunting guide.

No comments: