Friday, December 02, 2016

Stories that Changed the Science Fiction Landscape


Listener Nelson sent me a fascinating web address that posits the 17 books that could have changed the science fiction landscape.

For me, I began reading SF in the early 70s, so the titles that really lit a fire under me were tomes like:

Dhalgren by Samuel R. Delaney - so few people read this powerful work by Delaney which deftly bent reality.... 

Foundation by Isaac Asimov - started me down the Asimov SF super highway which turned out to be a three book series.
c  
Dangerous Visions by Harlan Ellison - I still get flash backs from many of the stories from this and other stories in this volume and follow on volumes.

Dune by Frank Herbert - what else needs saying than just the powerful title. So many works today can pay homage to the ground breaking series of Frank Herbert's Dune.

Check out this article that references some of the most powerful stories in science fiction.                      HERE                                       

No comments: