Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Sign up for the new converter box coupon...or maybe not...

Oh I love this! lol By now, unless you live in a cave, you know that the FCC is closing the analog band of frequencies now being used by broadcasters and making it mandatory for all broadcasters to begin broadcasting their signal in the new digital format. This change over has to be complete by February of 2009. Consumers that receive their signals over the air can petition the US government for a small converter that will allow them to continue to use their existing television equipment. The government will provide you with a coupon worth $40 to be used toward the purchase of said converter box. All well and good. Follow so far? Goooooood. Well I though, hey I will check out the site to see what's up. I logged to this site https://www.dtv2009.gov./Default.aspx a government site mind you and the first thing I found is that the security certificate for the site is invalid...ok, its the second of the year....so I click to apply for the certificate for the converter.... what happens? it fails.....times out..... sends you back to the start... sigh... I just shook my head and walked away....



No comments: